Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Bang Bang- Shoot Prep

So it's been a crazy 2 weeks.
First up we had our shoot with Mr Hot Stuff Sean McCormack

Myself and Ieva have been training hard for the last month but nothing compared to the last week. 
Between us we had the IQ of a muffin, (a damn egg muffin) from training so hard and being super strict with our food and water.



 I never in my life realised how much even just water can have such an impact on your weight. We loaded up for the first few days (FYI don't try drinking 5 litres of water over the course of a day and then do a 2 and a half hour journey without a toilet- even if you just went you WILL need to pee every 10 minutes!!!!)


But in the space of 3 days, from Thursday to Saturday I went down 3kg in weight.
I've done all the Clean 9's and Juicing diets in the world and was always of the opinion "Well like I did lose weight, so it obviously works" but literally it's only making sense to me now that it was all just water weight, yes I looked leaner for a picture- obviously, my body was completely dehydrated, the minute I drank a bottle of water again I didn't get fat- but the number on the scales went up-
so ditch the damn scales!!!!


The only reason I even was in anyway concerned about it was because I had to make weight for full power the following week.
Made that perfs and haven't stepped on the scales since.


This was Ieva's first shoot, and by all means wont be her last
Hubba frickin Hubba!!
She looked amazing, Sean's a dream and a half anyway so I knew she would be at ease straight away but even with a few onlookers she took to it like a duck to water.


Little Ridey Pants!

And then this


I had so much fun with my lil Ieva cakes over the last few weeks and then really getting to know her in the days running up to the shoot.
We had no choice, we were training everyday on the lead up and then the day before we had 2hrs of training, a sauna, spray tan and some eggs, we're in love now.


Chantelle Kyne did our make up on the day and she was ah-maz-ing. It was so simple and lasted all day- something I want a crash course in.

One of the hardest things to do on the lead up to this shoot was defo the motivation to do my HIIT every morning. I was pooped, I hated it. I still do, but I find that if I do it straight away before my brain actually cops onto what I'm at it's the easiest way!
(olaf slippers optional)

HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training. I mix (well I don't, I do as I'm told by Max!) up every day between upper and lower body but it's basically 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest for 6 rounds or so. 
Again it all depends but for example you would do 20 seconds of Jump squats and rest for 10. 
Although I dread the thoughts of any cardio, I'll take this any day over going for a run!!



I can't wait to be able to show all the pictures! 
But, for now, thanks to my good ol buddy ol pal The Galway Player for being on hand for behind the scenes pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment